We know what you are thinking – Comic Con?? We didn’t know Explore was full of Cosplay, Sci-Fi fanatics? Well, think again! Actually, you are right, we aren’t…but that isn’t what Comic Con is all about. There will no doubt be some great people watching, but Comic Con is more than costumes, it is a family-friendly pop culture extravaganza where people of all ages can see some major celebrities (VAL KILMER! RON PERLMAN! JASON MAMOA!), meet comic book authors, witness cosplay and experience the best in comics, toys and gaming (to name a few).
What is more, Denver Comic Con is a program of the Colorado nonprofit Pop Culture Classroom, whose mission is to inspire a love of learning, to increase literacy, celebrate diversity and build community through pop culture education (aka comics). The proceeds from this annual event benefit Pop Culture Classroom’s overall educational endeavors. So do it for the kids!
Denver Comic Con is a three-day event that will take place at the Colorado Convention Center from June 15-17, 2018. Highlights and attractions are below or you can visit denvercomiccon.com for more info.
Denver Comic Con Attractions and Highlights
- Celebrity Summit is the place to see and meet the biggest stars from your favorite sci-fi and fantasy films, TV and animation. Get autographs and pose together for pro photos!
- Featuring over 400 artists and writers, Artist Valley is the place to meet your favorite creators, artists and craftspeople, buy original art and prints, get signatures from the pros, and show them how much you admire their work.
- Merchant Mesa is over 160,000 square feet of all-out, no holds barred, geek-tastic shopping. With hundreds of booths and tables, you’ll find something for every taste and every person on your list – and remember to treat yourself!
- The Denver Comic Con 2018 lineup of events and activities is going to be bigger than ever with a diverse range of topics for all ages and pop culture and literary interests. Two Main Events stages, 25 session rooms, with almost 600 hours of panels, workshops and demos!
- Booktopia brings together the today’s biggest names in genre, fantasy, sci-fi and YA literature. With hundreds of your favorite authors, publishers, vendors and retailers, this is the place to be for fans of the written word!
- The Pop Culture Classroom Kids Lab is a massive section of the show floor dedicated exclusively to kids and teens, this one-of-a-kind destination is where the young and the young at heart come to create, share and immerse themselves in pop culture wonder.
- Reel Heroes is like a live “DVD Extras” for your favorite movies and TV shows. From voice actors to stunt coordinators, Reel Heroes Filmmakers show you what goes on behind the scenes.
- DCC’s literary conference, Page 23, where students, teachers, professors, and scholars share their current scholarly projects on all things pop culture, engage in roundtable discussions, and offer workshops to students and pros alike.
- DCC features an annual cosplay contest (“The Classic”) and other activities that educate the public on this growing popular subculture and performance art.
So, whether your delve into your inner superhero and dress up for the event or just show up as yourself, Comic Con is not to be missed! Show hours are Friday & Saturday, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Sunday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m. Tickets can be purchased online at www.denvercomiccon.com/tickets