In today’s climate, with COVID19 cases spiking again in the US, you may think that your summer plans are doomed… but you can still make it a fun and pandemic-friendly! Here are a few of the best things we have seen so far to make this summer a great one.
If you have a backyard:
- Get a blow-up pool!
- With Amazon Prime, you can have a blow-up pool in your backyard in no time! Or you can slap on your favorite mask and head to the nearest Target to grab this essential back-yard accessory and get ready to chill.
- Have a social-distanced BBQ!
- I don’t have a backyard or a grill, but if I did, I would definitely be cooking up some kabobs and enjoying the gorgeous summer weather with (a select few) friends and family.
- Water balloon fight
- Then you can really make sure people keep their distance!
No matter where you are:
- Invest in a cocktail recipe book
- Bring the tiki bar to you this summer by getting a cocktail recipe book! Whipping up fun drinks at home is not only a fun experiment, it is a great way to make it really feel like summertime. Not to mention, having bartending skills is always useful.
- Get an adult coloring book
- This pairs nicely with that fore-mentioned homemade cocktail. Trust me.
- Get outside!
- Being based in Colorado during all of this is a plus, since it’s just a quick drive to a remote campsite in the mountains with access to gorgeous hikes. But if you’re not near the mountains, you could also take your pet or meet up with a friend at your favorite park, take long walks around your town or city and discover something new, and even make a list of restaurants you want to try after everything opens back up.
- Been wondering how your living space would look if you moved some things around? Go for it! Freshening up your surroundings may just give you the new perspective you need.
- Head to a drive-in movie theater
- Need I say more on this one?
I hope this quick guide helps you gain a new excitement for the summer of 2020. Let us know your favorite idea and stay safe out there friends!